TINS Warrant Hold
The TINS Warrant Hold Web-based training (WBT) is for TINS online users, particularly state agency staff responsible for entering, maintaining or changing hold information in the Texas Identification Number System (TINS).
This is an intermediate-level course instructing TINS users on the following topics:
- State warrant hold program, statutes and policies
- Impact of warrant hold on payments
- Input and maintenance of hold and bankruptcy information in TINS
To gain a solid understanding of the materials presented in this training, you should already know the basics of navigating in TINS. See other TINS Web-based classes available on FMX.
Recommended prerequisites are:
- Six months of TINS experience
- Completion of both the TINS Inquiry and TINS Online Entry classes — either classroom or Web-based
After completing the TINS Warrant Hold WBT, you will have an understanding of:
- The state warrant hold program, including associated statutes, policies and state agency responsibilities
- The impact on payments to vendors, employees and annuitants
- The various TINS screens and forms associated with holds
- The basics of the offset process
- Processing bankruptcies in TINS
Course Exam and CPE credit
You receive one hour of continuing professional education (CPE) credit for successfully completing the end-of-course exam.
Fiscal Management Training Center
Before beginning the course, it's a good idea to make sure you can log on to Training Center — that's where you'll be taking the end-of-course exam.
If you haven't set up a Training Center account, you should do so now.
Next: On to the training...