TINS Direct Deposit Web-based Training
This Web-based training is for state agency staff responsible for entering, maintaining or changing direct deposit information in the Texas Identification Number System (TINS).
The training focuses on direct deposit for vendors, but also includes helpful topics on payroll direct deposit processing.
Recommended prerequisites are:
- Six months of TINS experience
- Completion of both the TINS Inquiry and TINS Online Entry classes — either classroom or Web-based
After completing the training, you will be able to:
- Describe the direct deposit process carried out through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network.
- Describe the direct deposit form and the advance payment notification (APN) process.
- Use the TINS direct deposit screens to enter, review, change and cancel direct deposit instructions for payees.
- Define and describe direct deposit reversals for vendor/travel or payroll payments, returned money items, notifications of change, direct deposit agency reports and the impact of a state warrant hold on a direct deposit payment.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credit
Upon successful completion of the end-of-course exam, you receive 1.0 hour of continuing professional education (CPE) credit.
Fiscal Management Training Center
Before beginning the course, it's a good idea to make sure you can log on to Training Center — that's where you'll be taking the end-of-course exam.
If you haven't set up a Training Center account, you should do so now.
Next: On to the training...