HRIS Higher Education Reporting Procedures for Reappointments
Issued: June 30, 2005
Updated: July 12, 2019 – View Changes
Sept. 23, 2019
HRIS Employees Without Reappointments Report Available
Sept. 30, 2019
Employee information corrections due
If you have questions about reporting reappointment information, send an email to email@example.com or contact:
Institutions of higher education
Institutions of higher education must report certain information about jobs and reappointments to the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Human Resource Information System (HRIS) at the beginning of each fiscal year.
34 Texas Administrative Code Section 5.41
Reappointment information must be submitted via electronic file transfer (EFT). This fiscal policy and procedure (FPP) provides instructions and a schedule for submitting the information.
Effect on Compliance
Institutions of higher education are expected to submit accurate, complete and current information to HRIS as required by the 34 Texas Administrative Code Section 5.41. To meet this requirement, institutions must adhere to the schedule provided with this FPP and provide timely information throughout the fiscal year.
Instructions for Submitting Reappointment Information via EFT
Institutions must submit the first two EFTs listed below in the correct sequence to ensure that the information is processed in HRIS in a timely manner:
- EFT #1 – Classifications/Carriers – due Sept. 9, 2019
- EFT #2 – Reappointments – due Sept. 11, 2019
- EFT #3 – Terminations – due Sept. 16, 2019
Note: EFT #1 must be submitted first and on a different day than EFT #2. During the fiscal year reappointment process, we require an HRIS EFT Specifications (73-162) form PDF for EFT #1, EFT #2 and EFT #3. The form can be faxed to 512-475-0887 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Describe the data
When your institution sends its specification sheet via email, please describe the data you are submitting in the subject line of the email.
EFT #1 – Classifications/Carriers
Submitting EFT #1
Follow these procedures when preparing EFT #1 – Classifications/Carriers.
- Submit only classification/carrier information on EFT #1.
- Report classification information (Record ID 12) for the current fiscal year.
- Report 403b, 457 and Optional Retirement Program (ORP) carrier information (Record ID 14) for any new carriers. Also, report any changes to previously reported carrier information. You may leave the
EFFECTIVE-END-DATEfield blank, which will cause a default date to appear (Dec. 31, 2699).
Note: Do not report carrier information (Record ID 14) if no new carriers are added and there are no changes to existing carrier information.
Submitting EFT #2
Follow these procedures when submitting EFT #2 – Reappointments.
- Submit only reappointments on EFT #2.
- Identify all employees who had appointments during the previous fiscal year. If any of these employees have been reappointed for the current fiscal year, report their reappointment(s) with the applicable Reason Code (900–932) on Record ID 67.
- Report an employee’s reappointment to the same position held in the previous fiscal year with Reason Code 900.
- Report an employee’s promotion and reappointment as one transaction with Reason Code 920.
- Report a merit increase and reappointment as one transaction with Reason Code 925.
- Report multiple salary actions and a reappointment as one transaction with Reason Code 932.
Note: When using salary action reason codes for reappointment and salary action/position status change transactions, report the actual monthly amount of the increase or decrease in the
SALARY ADJUSTMENT AMOUNT field for the appropriate reason codes on Record ID 67. For more information, please refer to the field entry tables in HRIS Reporting Requirements – Higher Education.
Submitting EFT #3
Follow this procedure when preparing EFT #3 – Terminations.
- Identify all employees who had appointments during the previous fiscal year. If any of these employees were not reappointed for the current fiscal year, report their termination with applicable Reason Code (059-069) on Record ID 27, with the employee’s termination date.
- After EFT #3 has processed successfully, you will receive the Employees Without Reappointments Report. It will list employees who were not reappointed, yet had appointments in the previous fiscal year and have not been terminated. It is important that you reconcile the information in this report against your institution’s records to ensure that the information in HRIS is accurate. HRIS uses the information that institutions submit to generate the Equal Employment Opportunity Report, Annual Report (Statewide Hiring Practices for the Fiscal Year) and Veteran Workforce Summary Report.
Resume regular schedule
After EFT #1, EFT #2 and EFT #3 have been submitted and the reappointment reporting process is complete, institutions must resume the required schedule of submitting monthly maintenance EFTs on or before the 7th of the following month.
|07/12/2019||Updated to reflect fiscal 2019 dates|
|07/20/2018||Updated to reflect fiscal 2018 dates|
|07/14/2017||Updated through the acts of the 85th Legislature, Regular Session|
|07/15/2016||Updated to reflect fiscal 2017 dates|