TINS Online Entry Web-Based Training
This Web-based training (WBT) is for state agency staff responsible for entering, maintaining or changing payee information in the Texas Identification Number System (TINS).
This is an intermediate-level course that instructs TINS users on basic TINS transactions such as:
- Payee setups
- Changes to existing information
- Other maintenance actions
A prerequisite for this class is the TINS Inquiry WBT. To aid in continuity, take this WBT within a close timeframe of the TINS Online Entry WBT you’re taking now.
The TINS Online Entry WBT teaches you:
- The importance of researching prior to doing TINS transactions
- How to do online entries of payee master and mail code information into TINS
- How to set up a foreign vendor in TINS
- How to make changes to existing payee information in TINS
Upon successful completion of the end-of-course exam, you receive 1.0 hour of continuing professional education (CPE) credit.
Fiscal Management Training Center
Before beginning the course, it's a good idea to make sure you can log on to Training Center — that's where you'll be taking the end-of-course exam.
If you haven't set up a Training Center account, you should do so now.
Start: On to the training...