CAPPS Financials Forgotten Password Help Setup Instructions
Note: This only applies to CAPPS Financials.
These instructions explain how to set up information to help you if you forget your password. Your screens may be slightly different from the examples shown. You must follow these setup steps for the “Forgot your Password?” link on the sign-in screen to work.
1. Sign in to the Texas Enterprise Portal, click the Main Menu and choose the My System Profile link.
Figure 1: Screen capture of Portal Main Menu showing the location of the My System Profile link.
2. Click on Change or set up forgotten password help.
Figure 2: Screen capture of Portal’s My System Profile page showing the location of the Change or set up forgotten password help link under General Profile Information.
3. Click on the drop-down arrow to see the options for your authentication question.
Figure 3: Screen capture of Portal’s Change or set up forgotten password help page showing the location of the Question field dropdown box.
4. Click on the drop-down arrow to select an authentication question.
Figure 4: Screen capture showing Portal’s Change or set up forgotten password help questions.
5. Enter your answer in the Response field and click OK.
Figure 5: Screen capture of Portal’s Change or set up forgotten password help panel showing a question and response example.
6. The screen will change to show how your answer has been saved in a non-case sensitive format. The authentication question set up procedure is now complete.
Figure 6: Screen capture of Portal’s Change or set up forgotten password help screen showing the response example converting to non-case specific when saved.
7. If you forget your password, click on the Forgot your password? link before you make too many failed password attempts.
Note: If you exceed the maximum number of password attempts allowed, your account will be locked, and you will receive an error if you click on this link.
Figure 7: Screen capture of Portal’s sign-on screen showing the location of the Forgot your password? link.
8. Enter your User ID and click Continue.
Figure 8: Screen capture of the Forgot My Password panel showing the User ID field and Continue button.
9. Answer the authentication question you set up in the Response field, and click Email New Password.
Figure 9: Screen capture of the Forgot My Password panel showing the example challenge question, example response and Email New Password button.
10. The system will email you a new temporary password. Once you log in with the temporary password, you will be immediately prompted to change it.
Figure 10. Screen capture of a sample automated password reset email message.