USPS Fiscal Year-End Close Manual –
Leave Accounting Rollover
USPS Fiscal Year-End Leave Accounting Pre-Roll Checklist
After entering HM9U1 transactions and running reports, the following reports should have been processed or run at least once.
Note: If corrections were made, reports may need to run again.
___ Accruals for August Monthly Accrual (Report 156) has run.
___ If future-dated leave was entered prior to the August posting of accruals, the Post Pending Leave and Post Exception (Report 196) has run.
___ All August leave activity has been entered and confirmed on HM9U1.
___ Any Optional Holiday transactions have been entered and confirmed on HM9U1.
___ The following reports were run and re-run as necessary:
- Hourly Adjustment Process for Actual Time Worked (Report 053) – for hourly employees
- Time Forfeiture (Report 597)
- Projected Annual Leave to be Converted to Sick Leave At Fiscal Year-End (Report 569)
- Employee Leave Summary (Report 537)
- FLSA OT/COMP Time Activity (Report 199)
- Sick Leave Pool Activity (Report 561)
- Employee Leave Balances (Report 563)
___ Compensable Leave (Report 574) has run (all agencies use this to report liability on agency’s annual financial report).
___ Month-End Clears were requested and processed only after all month-end and year-end reports were completed and verified.
Once the Leave Accounting Pre-Roll Checklist is complete, establish parameters to run the leave accounting rollover.