>> Payment Services

State Payee Payment Resources

Web Application

Search State Payments Issued


View entire document


Contact the state agency you are doing business with to request forms.



For assistance with payments, vendors should call the paying agency listed on the Paying Agency Contact List. If you need help determining which agency to contact or have other questions:

Other Resources

Texas Identification Number

The Comptroller’s office uses the Texas Identification Number (TIN) to track and process all payments made to a payee.

Note: Do you use an SSN or ITIN to access your state payment information? The Comptroller’s office has assigned you a random 11-digit number that begins with 7 to protect your personal information. Please see more information on the Set Up Account Access help page.

Mail codes

All vendors/payees have at least one mail code. You should have only one TIN; however, you can have multiple mail codes. The mail codes represent different mailing addresses or direct deposit instructions.

If you want to have direct deposit instructions for more than one bank account or your business has more than one mailing address to receive payments, contact the state agency you are doing business with to set up the appropriate mail codes.

Note: If you have multiple mail codes, be sure to include the correct mail code with your TIN on each invoice so the agency will know how to send payment.

For more information

If you need help completing the TIN application, please: