CAPPS HR/Payroll User Group Meeting
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Time: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Location: Travis Bldg., Rm. 1-100
Called By: April Shapley, Governance Coordinator
Members: Sona Holmstrom (CPA – FM, Chair); Kennan Zishka (HHS); Jennifer Pennington (TxDOT); Sharon Brewer (DMV); Jennifer Mutschink (DIR)
I. Open Meeting
Objective: Provide agencies with updates regarding the CAPPS HR/Payroll Baseline as well as the HHS Production system.
II. Action Items from Previous Meetings
III. Agenda Topics
|1.||Welcome||April Shapley||1 minute|
|2.||Production Update: HR/Payroll (HHS) Support Requests (SRs)||Sona Holmstrom||5 minutes|
|3.||Production Update: HR/Payroll Central Support Requests (SRs)||Sona Holmstrom||5 minutes|
|4.||Production Update: Upcoming System Maintenance||Chris Happ||5 minutes|
|5.||Project Update: HR/Payroll Deployment FY 15||Rusty Charlton||5 minutes|
|6.||Project Update: CAPPS Talent Management Agency Deployment||Rusty Charlton||5 minutes|
|7.||Project Update: CAPPS HR/Payroll Managed Services Transition||Pete Marcell||10 minutes|
|8.||Project Update: Business Objects||Pete Marcell||10 minutes|
|9.||Governance Reminder: Voting on Governance Representation for FY16/FY17||April Shapley||5 minutes|
|10.||Legislative Impacts to CAPPS FYE||Cassy Englerth & Vicki Smith||45 minutes|
IV. Closing Items
Any items that need to be included on the next meeting agenda?
|First & Last Name||Role/Position||Attended|
|Adrienne Rogersfirstname.lastname@example.org||Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)||Yes|
|Alice Alvaradoemail@example.com||Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA) – CAPPS Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) & Security Administration Supervisor||No|
|Alison Williamsfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – Governance and Training||Yes|
|Allan Martinemail@example.com||Department of Information Resources (DIR) – Project Manager||No|
|Amy Ramosfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA Payroll||No|
|Andrea Smithemail@example.com||Office of Court Administration (OCA)||Yes|
|April Shapleyfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – Governance Coordinator; Facilitator||Yes|
|Brad Fentonemail@example.com||CPA – Human Resources (HR)/Payroll Team||Yes|
|Cassy Englerthfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – HR/Payroll Team||Yes|
|Charlotte Wallaceemail@example.com||Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) – Project Manager||No|
|Chelsa Vinklarekfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – HR/Payroll Team||Yes|
|Cheryl Groeningeremail@example.com||CPA – HR/Payroll Team||Yes|
|Chris Andersonfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – HR/Payroll Team||Yes|
|Chris Happemail@example.com||CPA Operations Manager||No|
|Cynthia Perezfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – Information and Technology (IT) Oversight||No|
|Dave Hobsonemail@example.com||HHSC – Project Manager||No|
|Dena Riedefirstname.lastname@example.org||HHSC – Voting Member||No|
|Diane Juulemail@example.com||OCA Budget||No|
|Donna Harrisfirstname.lastname@example.org||Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)||No|
|Eduardo Marquisemail@example.com||DIR – Project Manager||No|
|Elizabeth Garciafirstname.lastname@example.org||DMV – Payroll & Leave Accounting||No|
|Glenna Bowmanemail@example.com||OCA CFO||No|
|Helen Sparksfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – IT Software Development||No|
|Ivan Smithemail@example.com||DIR – Voting Member||No|
|J.P. Wardlefirstname.lastname@example.org||HHSC – Contractor||No|
|Jeff Amatoemail@example.com||CPA – IT Software Development Area Manager||No|
|Jennifer Mutschinkfirstname.lastname@example.org||DIR – Payroll Officer||No|
|Juana Reyesemail@example.com||CPA – Production Analyst||No|
|Kellie Turnerfirstname.lastname@example.org||TxDOT – HR/Payroll Voting Member; Project Manager||No|
|Kennan Zishkaemail@example.com||HHSC – Voting Member||Phone|
|Lisa Donnellyfirstname.lastname@example.org||Texas Juvenile Justice Department (TJJD)||No|
|Mark Johannsonemail@example.com||HHSC – IT Oversight||Yes|
|Michele Lampkinfirstname.lastname@example.org||DIR – Voting Member||No|
|Mickey Gregoryemail@example.com||HHSC – Voting Member||No|
|Nancy Simmonsfirstname.lastname@example.org||OCA HR||Yes|
|Nikki Zitoemail@example.com||CPA HR/Payroll Team||Yes|
|Paul Garzafirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – HR/Payroll Team||No|
|Phyllis Dawsonemail@example.com||DMV – Financial Reporting||No|
|Randa Maldonadofirstname.lastname@example.org||DIR – Voting Member||No|
|Rebecca Kellyemail@example.com||CPA – HR/Payroll Team||No|
|Reggie Peguesfirstname.lastname@example.org||DIR – Director of Accounting||No|
|Ricky McKinleyemail@example.com||CPA – IT Oversight||No|
|Rocio Perezfirstname.lastname@example.org||TxDOT – ERP Project Manager||No|
|RoShana Adamsonemail@example.com||CPA – Governance & Training||Yes|
|Russell Charltonfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – CAPPS Project Manager||Yes|
|Sandra Woodruffemail@example.com||CPA – Ast. Director, Fiscal Management||No|
|Sharon Brewerfirstname.lastname@example.org||DMV – HR Director||No|
|Shelley Casasemail@example.com||CPA Security||Yes|
|Sona Holmstromfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – HR/Payroll Team||Yes|
|Stacey Hassinemail@example.com||CPA – Voting Member; HR/Payroll Team Lead||Yes|
|Stephen Keltgenfirstname.lastname@example.org||DIR PM||Yes|
|Steve Duvallemail@example.com||CPA – Time and Labor (T&L)||No|
|Sylvia Hoodfirstname.lastname@example.org||DMV – Project Manager||No|
|Tanya Aragonemail@example.com||HHSC – Contract Oversight||No|
|Tim Meredithfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA IT Support||No|
|Tina Washingtonemail@example.com||OCA Deputy CFO||No|
|Valerie Lunafirstname.lastname@example.org||DMV – HR||No|
|Wayne Haynesemail@example.com||CAPPS IT – Software Development||No|
- Welcome – April Shapley
- Roll call for phone participants.
- Quorum confirmed.
- Production Update: HR/Payroll (HHS) Support Requests (SRs) – Sona Holmstrom
- User group members were provided with a report of all active SRs on the HR/Payroll System.
- The CPA Maintenance Team is currently only working critical and high SRs due to the soft code freeze.
- Currently there are 24 high SRs for HHS.
- 19 out of the 24 high SRs are for Fiscal Year End (FYE).
- Production Update: HR/Payroll Central Support Requests (SRs) FY15 – Sona Holmstrom
- User group members were provided with a report of all active SRs on the HR/Payroll system.
- The CPA Maintenance Team is currently only working critical and high SRs due to the soft code freeze.
- Currently there are 58 high SRs for HR/Payroll Central.
- 18 out of the 58 are for FYE.
- Production Update: Upcoming System Maintenance – Darryl Lindgens
- No maintenance is scheduled for next month (August).
- If anything changes, a notification will be sent out to Level 1s.
- Project Update: HR/Payroll Deployment FY 15 – Russell Charlton
- CAPPS HR/Payroll went live on May 13, 2015 at four new agencies (DIR, DMV, OCA and Office of the State Prosecuting Attorney).
- This will be the final update for this project.
- The next phase is Maintenance and Post-Production support.
- Next year an additional 26 agencies will implement CAPPS HR/Payroll.
- Project Update: CAPPS Talent Management Agency Deployment – Russell Charlton
- Last month we reported on six key issues requiring a resolution or path to resolution. Two of those issues were resolved.
- There are currently four Items for management attention:
- Oracle solution for efficient User Administration (SSO)
- Oracle solution for automated integration to Work in Texas
- Oracle resource requirements for Performance Management
- Modifications to CAPPS HR custom hire functionality
- Project Update: CAPPS HR/Payroll Managed Services Transition – Peter Marcell
- The HR/Payroll Production soft freeze is scheduled to begin August 10, 2015.
- The Production HR/Payroll hard freeze is scheduled to begin September 1, 2015.
- Accenture will be CPA’s Managed Services vendor, and will host the CAPPS environments in the cloud.
- Project Update: Business Objects – Peter Marcell
- Business Objects 4.1 was not intended to be multi-tenant, and ultimately CPA decided not to upgrade to 4.1.
- CPA is working to upgrade Business Objects 3.1.
- Reports that migrated are currently going through User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- The targeted go-live date for reports is August 3.
- Governance Reminder: Voting on Governance Representation for FY16/FY17 – April Shapley
- Reminder: Voting on new Governance representatives to take place soon.
- New agencies are implementing CAPPS and will be eligible to select representatives.
- Legislative Impacts to CAPPS FYE – Cassy Englerth & Vicki Smith
- SRs have already been submitted to address various Legislative Bill impacts.
- FYE procedures and deadlines were reviewed with UG members.
- The following Legislative Bills were reviewed in detail:
- HB 1 – General Appropriations Bill
- HB 9 – relates to member contributions to the Employees Retirement System of Texas.
- HB 48 – relates to the establishment of a commission to review convictions after exoneration and to prevent wrongful conviction.
- HB 197 – relates to requiring a public institution of higher education to post information regarding mental health resources on the institution’s Internet website.
- HB 437 – relates to eligibility to participate in health benefit programs for certain state employees re-employed after military service.
- HB 445 – relates to providing notice of the availability of paid leave for military service to public officers and employees.
- HB 577 – relates to pay, benefits and requirements for state active duty service members.
- HB 658 – relates to the creation of a campus of the Texas State Technical College System in Fort Bend County.
- HB 685 – relates to the production of public information available on the website of a political subdivision of this state.
- HB 786 – relates to the right of a public employee to express breast milk in the workplace.
- HB 966 – relates to the creation of an optional consumer-directed health plan for certain individuals eligible to participate in the group benefits program provided under the Texas Employees Group Benefits Act and their qualified dependents.
- HB1051 – relates to the creation of a campus of the Texas State Technical College System in Ellis County.
- HB 1311 – relates to the confidentiality of personal information concerning certain employees currently or formerly involved in the Texas Juvenile Justice system.
- HB 1443 – relates to the Texas Identification Number system.
- HB 1771 – relates to the donation of sick leave by state employees.
- HB 1912 – relates to employment of a statewide data coordinator at DIR.
- HB 2037 – relates to compensation and leave for certain peace officers.
- HB 2152 – relates to the confidentiality of certain information concerning service members of the state military forces.
- HB 2168 – relates to payment dates for annuities from the Teachers Retirement System of Texas.
- HB 3307 – relates to the authority of the Employees Retirement System of Texas to make available a TRICARE Military Health System Supplemental plan.
- HB 3337 – relates to training and education for state agency administrators and employees.
- SB 34 – relates to a report concerning information security for this state’s information resources.
- SB 317 – relates to The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.
- SB 374 – relates to requiring state agencies to participate in the federal electronic verification of employment authorization program, or E-verify.
- SB 389 – relates to the placement of military occupational specialty codes on certain notices of state agency employment openings.
- SB 664 – relates to employment termination for falsification of military record in obtaining employment or employment benefits.
- SB 805 – relates to the employment of individuals qualified for a veteran’s employment preference.
- SB 1743 – relates to expanding the powers and duties of the Office of Capital Writs and renaming it Office of Capital and Forensic Writs.
- SB1877 – relates to the development and maintenance by each state agency of a data use agreement for the state agency’s employees and to training related to that agreement.