CAPPS Financials User Group Meeting Notes
Oct. 4, 2012
9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Travis Building, Room 1-100
- Open Meeting
- Action Items from Previous Meetings
- Approve meeting minutes from 8/16/12
- Presentation and Vote on Final Changes to the CAPPS Reporting Approach v3.3
(previously discussed by UG on 8/16/12)
- Discussion on CAPPS Reporting Administration Guidelines
- Discussion on CAPPS Financials Project Initiatives
- Closing Items
|First & Last Name||Role/Position||Attending?|
|Alison Meierfirstname.lastname@example.org||Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA) – Change Management & Communications||Yes|
|Allan Martinemail@example.com||Department of Information Resources (DIR) Project Manager||Yes|
|April Shapleyfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – Governance Coordinator||Yes|
|Becca Murdockemail@example.com||CPA – Financials Lead||Yes|
|Brad McMahonfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – Financials||Yes|
|Clayton Griffisemail@example.com||CPA – Financials||Yes|
|Colette Bunchfirstname.lastname@example.org||Texas Department of Insurance (TDI)||Yes|
|Dana Cookemail@example.com||CPA – Statewide Financials Area Manager||Yes|
|Dora Garciafirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – Financials||Yes|
|Eduardo Marquisemail@example.com||DIR – Project Manager||Yes|
|Ginger Salonefirstname.lastname@example.org||Xerox – Project Manager||Yes|
|Joe Meyeremail@example.com||TDI – Project Manager||Yes|
|Kellie Turnerfirstname.lastname@example.org||Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) – Project Manager||Yes|
|Pam Thomasemail@example.com||CPA – Software Development||Yes|
|Sandra Woodrufffirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – Manager, Statewide Fiscal Systems||Yes|
|Spencer Earlemail@example.com||TDI – Integrated Statewide Accounting System (ISAS) Project Manager||Yes|
|Stephen McDonaldfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – Director of Purchasing||Yes|
|Steve Schiurringemail@example.com||CPA – CAPPS Financials||Yes|
|Tim Adamsfirstname.lastname@example.org||CPA – ISAS Manager||Yes|
1. Meeting Minutes Approval
- DECISION: The minutes from the previous meeting held Aug. 16, 2012 are approved.
2. CAPPS Reporting Approach
- DECISION: The CAPPS Reporting Approach v3.3 presented at the last CAPPS Financials User Group meeting was approved.
- Dana Cook noted that the Reporting Approach will continue to evolve and we reserve the right to update/revise the approach as needed.
3. CAPPS Reporting Administration Guidelines
- The point of the meeting today is to discuss any questions, not vote.
- The agencies requested more time to review the Reporting Administration Guidelines
- Any questions or comments can be sent to April Shapley.
4. Financials Project Initiatives: Project Plan
- CPA will develop a project plan/timeline once the agencies provide their feedback.
5. Financials Project Initiatives: Upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2 and PeopleTools 8.53
- The release of PeopleSoft 9.2 has been delayed and the date is TBD (possibly as early as January or as late as March 2013).
- Oracle should announce the date within the next few weeks.
- When there is a planned upgrade, the ideal solution is for all production agencies to perform testing. This may not be necessary when there are numerous agencies using CAPPS but right now that is the recommendation.
- For USAS it was not necessary for all agencies to test because USAS is not as robust as CAPPS.
- The agencies would like to know the justification (from Oracle) for the upgrade as this will help them understand the need.
- The expectation is that the next upgrade (PeopleSoft 9.2 and PeopleTools 8.53) should be the only upgrade needed for approximately four years.
- Oracle is trying to increase the support time period. Previously it was 12 months for PeopleTools but now it is 12-18 months.
6. Financials Project Initiatives: Convert Core Requisition Workflow to PS Baseline
- TDI and CPA use core requisitions, DIR uses eProcurement. This initiative will only be impactful to TDI and CPA.
- Current core requisition workflow is highly customized.
- AWE workflow was provided in a past PeopleSoft release (9.1) and it is recommended we now move to that because it is easily customized and has additional functionality.
- One piece of functionality not available however is segregation of amount approvals vs. chartfield approvals. Our Technical team will need to research this.
- DIR has this functionality in eProcurement.
- Xerox will provide the necessary resources as they receive SR’s for modifications.
7. Financials Project Initiatives: Convert TINS ‘2’ Vendor Numbers
- TINS coding structure is changing for vendor ID’s beginning with 2 and include SSN’s.
- The new structure will begin with a 7 which will affect the CAPPS interfaces with TINS
- The 7 numbers will not be available for use until this project is complete.
- DIR reiterated the importance of 1099’s being correct.
- The timeline is TBD but possibly January.
8. Financials Project Initiatives Recap
- Xerox will begin putting plans together with input received from agencies today.
- The plans will be distributed once they are more finalized.
9. DIR Requests
- DIR would like an updated contact list for SME’s.
- DIR would like to formalize the change control process and understand the SR process.
- CPA will work on the change control process to send to DIR.
- CPA will send an updated contact list to DIR but cautioned that the Help Desk should always be the first point of contact.
10. Action Items
- CPA will send an updated SME contact list to DIR.
- CPA will formalize the change control process and send to DIR.
- Agencies will send any questions/comments regarding the Reporting Approach to April.
- Xerox/CPA will provide Financials Project Initiatives draft plans to agencies for comment/feedback.