CAPPS User Group Meeting Notes
Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011
9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Travis Building, Room 1-100
- Open Meeting
- Action Items from Previous Meetings
- Approve Meeting Minutes from 11/10/11
- Vote on Having CPA (Internal) and TDI Join the CAPPS Financials User Group as Voting Members
- Presentation of CTIC Integration Resolutions
- Discussion of UPK Access for ISAS Agencies
- Review Proposed Changes to Service Agreement
- Closing Items
|First & Last Name||Telephone||Role/Position||Attending?|
|Alice Alvaradofirstname.lastname@example.org||475-0619||CPA – Manager, Projects & Operations||Yes|
|Alison Meieremail@example.com||463-4539||CPA – Change Management & Communications||Yes|
|Allan Martinfirstname.lastname@example.org||463-5973||DIR Project Manager||Yes|
|April Shapleyemail@example.com||463-4761||CPA – Governance Coordinator||Yes|
|Bo Overstreetfirstname.lastname@example.org||463-4784||CPA – Accounts Payables Lead||Yes|
|Brad McMahonemail@example.com||936-8550||CPA – Purchasing Team Lead||No|
|Dale Reevesfirstname.lastname@example.org||463-8982||CPA – Procurement Contracts||Yes|
|Deepak Chawlaemail@example.com||463-8565||CPA – Asset Management Lead||No|
|Don Landfirstname.lastname@example.org||463-3989||CPA – General Ledger Lead||Yes|
|Donna Pasleyemail@example.com||463-7564||PMO – Project Manager||No|
|Eduardo Marquisfirstname.lastname@example.org||463-8477||DIR – Project Manager||No|
|Gina Vasquezemail@example.com||463-3813||CPA – Asset Management||Yes|
|Ginger Salonefirstname.lastname@example.org||217-0600||ACS – Project Manager||Yes|
|Ivan Mazochemail@example.com||305-9821||CPA – ISAS||No|
|Janet Sernafirstname.lastname@example.org||467-3774||TxDOT Project Manager||Yes|
|Jerry Yatesemail@example.com||936-4487||CPA – Warehouse||Yes|
|J.P. Wardlefirstname.lastname@example.org||475-0746||CPA – Statewide ISAS Project Manager||No|
|Phyllis Guilloryemail@example.com||936-6286||CPA – UAT Coordinator||Yes|
|Richard Lozanofirstname.lastname@example.org||936-8598||CPA – General Ledger Lead||Yes|
|Robert Snipesemail@example.com||486-5372||TxDOT – Financials Business Lead||No|
|Robin Haleyfirstname.lastname@example.org||475-0047||CPA – CTIC Project Manager||Yes|
|Sandra Woodruffemail@example.com||463-4947; 925-8206||CPA – Manager, Statewide Fiscal Systems||Yes|
|Sharon Kempfirstname.lastname@example.org||475-5645||CPA – Project Costing/Contract Administration Lead||No|
|Spencer Earlemail@example.com||TDI – ISAS Project Manager||Yes|
|Stephen McDonaldfirstname.lastname@example.org||475-5654||CPA – Director of Purchasing||Yes|
|Steve Schiurringemail@example.com||463-3650||CPA – Financials Lead||Yes|
|Thomas Hollingsworthfirstname.lastname@example.org||475-5642||CPA ISAS Assistant Area Manager||Yes|
|Tim Adamsemail@example.com||463-6025||CPA – ISAS Manager||Yes|
1. User Group Minutes – Oct. 10, 2011
2. Previous Action Items
- Begin preparing language to add internal CPA and TDI to the governance model (in progress).
- Vote on adding CPA internal and TDI as voting members of CAPPS Financials User Group after DIR and TxDOT have spoken to their managers (in this meeting).
- Send agency Level 1 support contact list to April/CPA (incomplete, April will resend the request to Robert Snipes and copy Janet Serna).
- Invite Tim Jennings to the next meeting (done).
- Post meeting information on CAPPS system page (done).
- Share DIR Help Desk Status Report with metrics and send to April (done).
- Discuss the possibility of sharing TxDOT Help Desk metrics (incomplete, Janet Serna will send).
- Provide Agencies with updated Service Agreement with changes noted (to be reviewed in this meeting).
- Steering Committee is expected to review/approve the revised Governance Structure as well as adding TDI and CPA to the User Group and on Monday, Dec. 19 (after the User Group vote).
- Janet Serna will replace Robert Snipes as voting member for TxDOT on the CAPPS Financials User Group.
4. CAPPS User Group Votes
CAPPS User Group Voting Members
- Add TDI and CPA as voting members to CAPPS User Group (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
CTIC No Impact Changes By Module
- Ginger will add the questions she received to her spreadsheet and send out to the group to review.
- Asset Management (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
- Accounts Payable (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
- Accounts Receivable (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
- Billing (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
- General Ledger (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
- Grants (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
- Inventory (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
- Purchasing (Thomas, Steve and Janet approve; Allan will not vote until Monday, Dec. 19).
- Reports (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
- Strategic Sourcing (Thomas, Steve and Janet approve; Allan will not vote until Monday, Dec. 19).
5. UPK Access at ISAS Agencies
- The immediate solution for CPA and TDI to be able to access UPK is through the Help button in CAPPS Financials. This solution limits them from being able to do anything else within the CAPPS system.
- Steve will send out these instructions.
6. Service Agreement
- The Service Agreement was initially developed with the understanding that Service Level Agreements will be required as improvements are needed.
- A Technical CCB meeting will be scheduled soon to provide a briefing on performance measures, reassessing what needs to be measured and how we can accomplish that.
- The sandbox environment does not need to be refreshed nightly, it can be refreshed monthly or upon request from User Group.
- The timeframe for the application availability on page 3 needs to be defined as “one calendar month.”
- Thomas will send his feedback for defining incident resolutions to Alice (page 15).
7. Action Items
- Schedule next User Group meeting for Jan. 5, 2012, and add a note to the invite that Steering Committee will determine if CPA and TDI will be voting members by then. (April)
- Send Help Desk metric examples of application support and development of fixes to Ginger Salone if available. (Allan Martin/Eduardo Marquis and Janet Serna)
- Review CAPPS Governance Structure document with TDI upon approval from Steering Committee. (Sandra)
- Send questions received regarding no impact changes to the group to review. (Ginger)
- Send out instructions to CPA and TDI to access UPK via CAPPS Financials. (Steve)
- Schedule Technical CCB meeting. (Thomas will speak to JP)
- Work with Technical team to propose a monthly or by request sandbox refresh. (Thomas)
- Send additional Service Agreement feedback and proposed language to Alice. (Thomas)