FMX Home
Glenn Hegar  ·  Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts

CAPPS User Group Meeting Notes
Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011

9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Travis Building, Room 1-100

Agenda

  1. Open Meeting
  2. Action Items from Previous Meetings
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes from 11/10/11
  4. Vote on Having CPA (Internal) and TDI Join the CAPPS Financials User Group as Voting Members
  5. Presentation of CTIC Integration Resolutions
  6. Discussion of UPK Access for ISAS Agencies
  7. Review Proposed Changes to Service Agreement
  8. Closing Items

Participants

First & Last Name Email Telephone Role/Position Attending?
Alice Alvarado alice.alvarado@cpa.texas.gov 475-0619 CPA – Manager, Projects & Operations Yes
Alison Meier alison.meier@cpa.texas.gov 463-4539 CPA – Change Management & Communications Yes
Allan Martin allan.martin@dir.texas.gov 463-5973 DIR Project Manager Yes
April Shapley april.shapley@cpa.texas.gov 463-4761 CPA – Governance Coordinator Yes
Bo Overstreet bo.overstreet@cpa.texas.gov 463-4784 CPA – Accounts Payables Lead Yes
Brad McMahon bradley.mcmahon@cpa.texas.gov 936-8550 CPA – Purchasing Team Lead No
Dale Reeves dale.reeves@cpa.texas.gov 463-8982 CPA – Procurement Contracts Yes
Deepak Chawla deepak.chawla@cpa.texas.gov 463-8565 CPA – Asset Management Lead No
Don Land don.land@cpa.texas.gov 463-3989 CPA – General Ledger Lead Yes
Donna Pasley donna.pasley@cpa.texas.gov 463-7564 PMO – Project Manager No
Eduardo Marquis eduardo.marquis@dir.texas.gov 463-8477 DIR – Project Manager No
Gina Vasquez gina.vasquez@cpa.texas.gov 463-3813 CPA – Asset Management Yes
Ginger Salone ginger.salone@cpa.texas.gov 217-0600 ACS – Project Manager Yes
Ivan Mazoch ivan.mazoch@cpa.texas.gov 305-9821 CPA – ISAS No
Janet Serna janet.serna@txdot.gov 467-3774 TxDOT Project Manager Yes
Jerry Yates jerry.yates@cpa.texas.gov 936-4487 CPA – Warehouse Yes
J.P. Wardle j.p.wardle@cpa.texas.gov 475-0746 CPA – Statewide ISAS Project Manager No
Kelley Martin kelley.martin@cpa.texas.gov 463-5351 ACS Yes
Phyllis Guillory phyllis.guillory@cpa.texas.gov 936-6286 CPA – UAT Coordinator Yes
Richard Lozano richard.lozano@cpa.texas.gov 936-8598 CPA – General Ledger Lead Yes
Robert Snipes robert.snipes@txdot.gov 486-5372 TxDOT – Financials Business Lead No
Robin Haley robin.haley@cpa.texas.gov 475-0047 CPA – CTIC Project Manager Yes
Sandra Woodruff sandra.woodruff@cpa.texas.gov 463-4947; 925-8206 CPA – Manager, Statewide Fiscal Systems Yes
Sharon Kemp sharon.kemp@cpa.texas.gov 475-5645 CPA – Project Costing/Contract Administration Lead No
Sofia Martinez sofia.martinez@cpa.texas.gov 463-4183 CPA Yes
Spencer Earl spencer.earl@tdi.texas.gov   TDI – ISAS Project Manager Yes
Stephen McDonald stephen.mcdonald@cpa.texas.gov 475-5654 CPA – Director of Purchasing Yes
Steve Schiurring steve.schiurring@cpa.texas.gov 463-3650 CPA – Financials Lead Yes
Thomas Hollingsworth thomas.hollingsworth@cpa.texas.gov 475-5642 CPA ISAS Assistant Area Manager Yes
Tim Adams tim.adams@cpa.texas.gov 463-6025 CPA – ISAS Manager Yes

1. User Group Minutes – Oct. 10, 2011

  • Approved

2. Previous Action Items

  • Begin preparing language to add internal CPA and TDI to the governance model (in progress).
  • Vote on adding CPA internal and TDI as voting members of CAPPS Financials User Group after DIR and TxDOT have spoken to their managers (in this meeting).
  • Send agency Level 1 support contact list to April/CPA (incomplete, April will resend the request to Robert Snipes and copy Janet Serna).
  • Invite Tim Jennings to the next meeting (done).
  • Post meeting information on CAPPS system page (done).
  • Share DIR Help Desk Status Report with metrics and send to April (done).
  • Discuss the possibility of sharing TxDOT Help Desk metrics (incomplete, Janet Serna will send).
  • Provide Agencies with updated Service Agreement with changes noted (to be reviewed in this meeting).

3. Updates

  • Steering Committee is expected to review/approve the revised Governance Structure as well as adding TDI and CPA to the User Group and on Monday, Dec. 19 (after the User Group vote).
  • Janet Serna will replace Robert Snipes as voting member for TxDOT on the CAPPS Financials User Group.

4. CAPPS User Group Votes

CAPPS User Group Voting Members

  • Add TDI and CPA as voting members to CAPPS User Group (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).

CTIC No Impact Changes By Module

  • Ginger will add the questions she received to her spreadsheet and send out to the group to review.
  • Asset Management (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
  • Accounts Payable (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
  • Accounts Receivable (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
  • Billing (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
  • General Ledger (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
  • Grants (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
  • Inventory (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
  • Purchasing (Thomas, Steve and Janet approve; Allan will not vote until Monday, Dec. 19).
  • Reports (Allan, Thomas, Steve and Janet approve).
  • Strategic Sourcing (Thomas, Steve and Janet approve; Allan will not vote until Monday, Dec. 19).

5. UPK Access at ISAS Agencies

  • The immediate solution for CPA and TDI to be able to access UPK is through the Help button in CAPPS Financials. This solution limits them from being able to do anything else within the CAPPS system.
  • Steve will send out these instructions.

6. Service Agreement

  • The Service Agreement was initially developed with the understanding that Service Level Agreements will be required as improvements are needed.
  • A Technical CCB meeting will be scheduled soon to provide a briefing on performance measures, reassessing what needs to be measured and how we can accomplish that.
  • The sandbox environment does not need to be refreshed nightly, it can be refreshed monthly or upon request from User Group.
  • The timeframe for the application availability on page 3 needs to be defined as “one calendar month.”
  • Thomas will send his feedback for defining incident resolutions to Alice (page 15).

7. Action Items

  • Schedule next User Group meeting for Jan. 5, 2012, and add a note to the invite that Steering Committee will determine if CPA and TDI will be voting members by then. (April)
  • Send Help Desk metric examples of application support and development of fixes to Ginger Salone if available. (Allan Martin/Eduardo Marquis and Janet Serna)
  • Review CAPPS Governance Structure document with TDI upon approval from Steering Committee. (Sandra)
  • Send questions received regarding no impact changes to the group to review. (Ginger)
  • Send out instructions to CPA and TDI to access UPK via CAPPS Financials. (Steve)
  • Schedule Technical CCB meeting. (Thomas will speak to JP)
  • Work with Technical team to propose a monthly or by request sandbox refresh. (Thomas)
  • Send additional Service Agreement feedback and proposed language to Alice. (Thomas)

8. Adjourn

Glenn Hegar
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Questions? Contact statewide.accounting@cpa.texas.gov
Comptroller.Texas.Gov | FMX
FMX Sitemap | Contact FM
Accessibility Policy | Privacy and Security Policy