FMX Home
Glenn Hegar  ·  Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts

CAPPS User Group Meeting Notes
Thursday, Nov. 10, 2011

9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Travis Building, Room 1-100

Agenda

  1. Open Meeting
  2. Action Items from Previous Meetings
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes from 10/27/11
  4. Review Proposed Changes to Service Agreement
  5. Discussion of ISAS and TDI Joining the CAPPS Financials User Group as Voting Members
  6. Closing Items

Participants

First & Last Name Email Telephone Role/Position Attending?
Alice Alvarado alice.alvarado@cpa.texas.gov 475-0619 CPA – Manager, Projects & Operations Yes
Alison Meier alison.meier@cpa.texas.gov 463-4539 CPA – Change Management & Communications Yes
Allan Martin allan.martin@dir.texas.gov 463-5973 DIR Project Manager No
April Shapley april.shapley@cpa.texas.gov 463-4761 CPA – Governance Coordinator Yes
Brad McMahon bradley.mcmahon@cpa.texas.gov 936-8550 CPA – Purchasing Team Lead No
Deepak Chawla deepak.chawla@cpa.texas.gov 463-8565 CPA – Asset Management Lead Yes
Donna Pasley donna.pasley@cpa.texas.gov 463-7564 PMO – Project Manager Yes
Eduardo Marquis eduardo.marquis@dir.texas.gov 463-8477 DIR – Project Manager Yes
Ginger Salone ginger.salone@cpa.texas.gov 217-0600 ACS – Project Manager Yes
Ivan Mazoch ivan.mazoch@cpa.texas.gov 305-9821 CPA – ISAS Yes
J.P. Wardle j.p.wardle@cpa.texas.gov 475-0746 CPA – Statewide ISAS Project Manager No
Phyllis Guillory phyllis.guillory@cpa.texas.gov 936-6286 CPA – UAT Coordinator Yes
Richard Lozano richard.lozano@cpa.texas.gov 936-8598 CPA – General Ledger Lead No
Robert Snipes robert.snipes@txdot.gov 486-5372 TxDOT – Financials Business Lead Yes
Sandra Woodruff sandra.woodruff@cpa.texas.gov 463-4947; 925-8206 CPA – Manager, Statewide Fiscal Systems Yes
Sharon Kemp sharon.kemp@cpa.texas.gov 475-5645 CPA – Project Costing/Contract Administration Lead No
Steve Schiurring steve.schiurring@cpa.texas.gov 463-3650 CPA – Financials Lead No
Thomas Hollingsworth thomas.hollingsworth@cpa.texas.gov 475-5642 CPA ISAS Assistant Area Manager No

1. User Group Minutes – Oct. 27, 2011

  • Approved

2. Previous Action Items

  • Not prepared to vote on adding TDI and CPA as voting members yet.
  • April has received the contact list from Eduardo but not Robert.
  • Donna has been invited to the meeting.

3. Updates

  • Donna is working on a document to better illustrate CAPPS vs. ISAS.
  • Terry White is working to set up automatic emails/texts to be sent out to technical staff when production is down.

4. Service Agreement Discussion

  • Allan Martin is still in discussions with DIR Management and will provide their feedback.

2.3.5 Incident Management

  • The current response times listed will be extremely challenging to meet and need to be reviewed.
  • ASP Solution Center does not keep record of time, which would be necessary to record certain metrics; an alternate solution may need to be established (i.e., Excel spreadsheet).
  • One suggestion is to keep P1 and P2 incident levels as they are but provide better definitions, and negotiate on P3 and P4 which would be a change from what was originally agreed upon.
  • Agencies need to determine what metrics in the Service Agreement are must haves and what metrics are nice to haves so that processes can be created for must haves if ASP cannot meet that need.
  • DIR wants response time and resolution time tracked.
  • DIR will share the metrics for their Help Desk.
  • Robert will discuss with his team.

2.2.2 CAPPS Environments

  • Tim Jennings from TxDOT has input on the Training section and will attend the next meeting.
  • UPK was removed from this document because it is a production region and not an environment. It has been added to the sandbox description.

Status Report with Metrics

  • Eduardo will send the DIR Help Desk Status Report with metrics to April to use as a template.
  • April will use Eduardo’s version to customize a final template for the CAPPS Help Desk Status Report including metrics.
  • Alice will discuss prioritized incident response categories with Thomas and Terry and update the Service Agreement accordingly.
  • Any updates or changes in the Service Agreement will be clearly marked. Suggestion was made to include a Change Log at start of Document. Also, requested that this be sent out with enough time for Agencies to route internally.

5. Action Items

  • Schedule next meeting (done, it is scheduled for Dec. 15)
  • Post meeting information on CAPPS system page (Alison)
  • Invite Tim Jennings to the next meeting (Robert)
  • Share DIR Help Desk Status Report with metrics and send to April (Eduardo)
  • Discuss the possibility of sharing TxDOT Help Desk metrics (Robert)
  • Provide Agencies with updated Service Agreement with changes noted (Alice)

6. Adjourn

Glenn Hegar
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Questions? Contact statewide.accounting@cpa.texas.gov
Comptroller.Texas.Gov | FMX
FMX Sitemap | Contact FM
Accessibility Policy | Privacy and Security Policy