CAPPS User Group Meeting Notes
Thursday, Nov. 10, 2011
9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Travis Building, Room 1-100
- Open Meeting
- Action Items from Previous Meetings
- Approve Meeting Minutes from 10/27/11
- Review Proposed Changes to Service Agreement
- Discussion of ISAS and TDI Joining the CAPPS Financials User Group as Voting Members
- Closing Items
|First & Last Name||Telephone||Role/Position||Attending?|
|Alice Alvaradofirstname.lastname@example.org||475-0619||CPA – Manager, Projects & Operations||Yes|
|Alison Meieremail@example.com||463-4539||CPA – Change Management & Communications||Yes|
|Allan Martinfirstname.lastname@example.org||463-5973||DIR Project Manager||No|
|April Shapleyemail@example.com||463-4761||CPA – Governance Coordinator||Yes|
|Brad McMahonfirstname.lastname@example.org||936-8550||CPA – Purchasing Team Lead||No|
|Deepak Chawlaemail@example.com||463-8565||CPA – Asset Management Lead||Yes|
|Donna Pasleyfirstname.lastname@example.org||463-7564||PMO – Project Manager||Yes|
|Eduardo Marquisemail@example.com||463-8477||DIR – Project Manager||Yes|
|Ginger Salonefirstname.lastname@example.org||217-0600||ACS – Project Manager||Yes|
|Ivan Mazochemail@example.com||305-9821||CPA – ISAS||Yes|
|J.P. Wardlefirstname.lastname@example.org||475-0746||CPA – Statewide ISAS Project Manager||No|
|Phyllis Guilloryemail@example.com||936-6286||CPA – UAT Coordinator||Yes|
|Richard Lozanofirstname.lastname@example.org||936-8598||CPA – General Ledger Lead||No|
|Robert Snipesemail@example.com||486-5372||TxDOT – Financials Business Lead||Yes|
|Sandra Woodrufffirstname.lastname@example.org||463-4947; 925-8206||CPA – Manager, Statewide Fiscal Systems||Yes|
|Sharon Kempemail@example.com||475-5645||CPA – Project Costing/Contract Administration Lead||No|
|Steve Schiurringfirstname.lastname@example.org||463-3650||CPA – Financials Lead||No|
|Thomas Hollingsworthemail@example.com||475-5642||CPA ISAS Assistant Area Manager||No|
1. User Group Minutes – Oct. 27, 2011
2. Previous Action Items
- Not prepared to vote on adding TDI and CPA as voting members yet.
- April has received the contact list from Eduardo but not Robert.
- Donna has been invited to the meeting.
- Donna is working on a document to better illustrate CAPPS vs. ISAS.
- Terry White is working to set up automatic emails/texts to be sent out to technical staff when production is down.
4. Service Agreement Discussion
- Allan Martin is still in discussions with DIR Management and will provide their feedback.
2.3.5 Incident Management
- The current response times listed will be extremely challenging to meet and need to be reviewed.
- ASP Solution Center does not keep record of time, which would be necessary to record certain metrics; an alternate solution may need to be established (i.e., Excel spreadsheet).
- One suggestion is to keep P1 and P2 incident levels as they are but provide better definitions, and negotiate on P3 and P4 which would be a change from what was originally agreed upon.
- Agencies need to determine what metrics in the Service Agreement are must haves and what metrics are nice to haves so that processes can be created for must haves if ASP cannot meet that need.
- DIR wants response time and resolution time tracked.
- DIR will share the metrics for their Help Desk.
- Robert will discuss with his team.
2.2.2 CAPPS Environments
- Tim Jennings from TxDOT has input on the Training section and will attend the next meeting.
- UPK was removed from this document because it is a production region and not an environment. It has been added to the sandbox description.
Status Report with Metrics
- Eduardo will send the DIR Help Desk Status Report with metrics to April to use as a template.
- April will use Eduardo’s version to customize a final template for the CAPPS Help Desk Status Report including metrics.
- Alice will discuss prioritized incident response categories with Thomas and Terry and update the Service Agreement accordingly.
- Any updates or changes in the Service Agreement will be clearly marked. Suggestion was made to include a Change Log at start of Document. Also, requested that this be sent out with enough time for Agencies to route internally.
5. Action Items
- Schedule next meeting (done, it is scheduled for Dec. 15)
- Post meeting information on CAPPS system page (Alison)
- Invite Tim Jennings to the next meeting (Robert)
- Share DIR Help Desk Status Report with metrics and send to April (Eduardo)
- Discuss the possibility of sharing TxDOT Help Desk metrics (Robert)
- Provide Agencies with updated Service Agreement with changes noted (Alice)