Restricted Expenditures — Facilities Management
Facilities Management Services
State agencies with facilities located in Travis County, or a county adjacent to Travis County, are required to use the facility management services provided by the Texas Facilities Commission (TFC). Some exceptions to this requirement include:
- Facilities owned or operated by an institution of higher education
- A regional or field office of a state agency
- Military facilities
- The Capitol and Capitol Extension
For a complete list of state agencies not required to utilize the services of the TFC, please see Govt Code Sec. 2165.007.
- Facilities management services
- Any state agency facilities management service not unique to carrying out a program of the agency. The term includes services related to:
- Facilities construction
- Facilities management
- General building and grounds maintenance
- Cabling and facility reconfiguration
(Texas Government Code Sections 2165.007(a))
- State agency
- A department, commission, board, office or other agency in the executive branch of state government created by the state constitution or a state statute.
- The Supreme Court, the Court of Criminal Appeals, a court of appeals or the Texas Judicial Council.
- A university system or an institution of higher education as defined by Texas Education Code Section 61.003, except a public junior college. ( Texas Government Code Sections 2151.002)
Texas Government Code Sections 2151.003(1), 2165.007(b) (a statutory reference to the Texas Building and Procurement Commission means the Texas Facilities Commission in certain situations).