Hold Inquiry Screens
Once a hold record is set up in TINS, four payee inquiry screens that deal specifically with holds are available for research. You may not have security access for every screen.
Payee Hold Information (PYHOLD)
The PYHOLD screen displays the reason a debtor is on hold and the Hold Source agency.
- If the payee is on hold for multiple reasons and by multiple Hold Source agencies, a separate hold record will display for each Hold Source agency/hold reason.
- The debt amount on each hold record is displayed only to the Hold Source agency.
Payee Warrants on Hold (PYWTHD)
The PYWTHD screen displays your agency’s warrants currently being held by the Comptroller’s office for a payee.
- This screen identifies the Hold Source agency and hold reason for each held warrant.
- If the debtor is on hold for multiple reasons and by multiple Hold Source agencies, the lowest numbered hold agency and hold reason will display. See Agency Hold Reason Inquiry (RSNINQ) for more information.
- To verify hold information, see the PYHOLD screen.
Note: The lowest Hold Source agency and hold reason do not change, even when that hold reason has been released and the warrant remains on hold due to other hold reasons.
Payee Held Warrants Released (PYWTHR)
The PYWTHR screen displays your agency’s warrants to a payee that have been released or offset.
REL RSN field indicates the Warrant Hold Release Reason Code. This field shows if the warrant was:
- Released by the paying or Hold Source agency
- Offset by the Comptroller’s office or Office of the Attorney General (delinquent child support)
Payee Warrants on Hold and Released (PYWTHB)
RELEASE DATE field:
- Is blank for warrants that are on hold
- Displays the date the held warrant was released to the payee or offset
Other TINS Screens
General inquiry screens in TINS may also be helpful for research. For instance, the Payee Payment Information (PYWRNT) screen shows payments issued by your agency to a payee during the current and previous fiscal years:
- RH or DH in the
PMNT DISTcolumn indicates a warrant was issued and held and a Notice of State Payment(s) Held was mailed to the payee.
- RH indicates the payee is set up to receive payments by warrant, and DH indicates the payee is set up to receive payments by direct deposit. In both cases, warrants are issued and held due to state debts since direct deposit is suspended for payments on hold.
Note: The payment distribution type on PYWRNT does not change when a held warrant is released. PYWRNT displays the original payment status at the time the payment was issued.