Reporting Debtor Records
Payee Hold Setup (PHDSUP)
The PHDSUP screen is used to set up a debtor on hold due to an outstanding liability with a state agency. PHDSUP includes Step 1 and Step 2 screens. The Hold Transaction form (74-154) (login required) PDF can provide the information required for entry on these screens. A debtor does not need to be set up as a payee in TINS in order to be set up on hold.
PHDSUP includes fields for the nine-digit SSN, ITIN and EIN. TINS will validate the nine-digit SSN, ITIN and EIN based on criteria established by the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). This validation does not match the number against the name.
Note: A 7 TIN may not be used to set up an initial hold record. However, once the hold setup has processed, TINS will display the 7 TIN.
Screen Example (PHDSUP – Step 1)
PHDSUP MM/DD/YY PAYEE HOLD SETUP - STEP 1 ENTER THE NUMBER PROVIDED BY PAYEE IN THE APPROPRIATE FIELD (ENTER ONLY ONE) _________ SSN - SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER (9 DIGITS) _________ EIN - EMPLOYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (9 DIGITS) _________ ITIN - INDIVIDUAL TAXPAYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (9 DIGITS) ___________ OTHER - COMPTROLLER-ASSIGNED (11 DIGITS) PRESS ENTER WHEN READY PF3=QUIT
Steps (PHDSUP – Step 1):
- Type PHDSUP on Line 1 and press Enter:
If Line 1 is Entered… Then… Without an 11-digit TIN PHDSUP – Step 1 screen displays with blank entry fields
Go to Step 2
With an 11-digit TIN that is SSN-, EIN- or ITIN-based
PHDSUP – Step 1 displays with the base nine-digit SSN, EIN or ITIN auto-filled in the appropriate field
Press Enter for the PHDSUP – Step 2 screen
With an 11-digit TIN that is a Comptroller-assigned number prefixed with 3
PHDSUP – Step 1 displays with the 11-digit 3-prefix TIN in the
Press Enter for the PHDSUP – Step 2 screen
With a 10-digit TIN that is SSN-, EIN- or ITIN-based
TINS displays the message TIN Must Be 11 Digits
Research and enter the correct TIN
Note: Only TINS inquiry screens allow for a 10-digit TIN on Line 1.
With an 11-digit 7 TIN
TINS displays the message TIN Must Not Begin With ‘7’
Research and enter the correct TIN. Please see the Data Entry Matrix.
- Enter one of the following fields, and press Enter:
SSN– Social Security Number
EIN– Employer Identification Number
ITIN– Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
If the… Then TINS displays the… Nine-digit SSN, EIN or ITIN meets the validation criteria PHDSUP – Step 2 screen Nine-digit SSN, EIN or ITIN does not meet the validation criteria Number Entered Is Not Valid 11-digit number entered in the
OTHERfield does not begin with 3
TIN Must Begin with ‘3’
Screen Example (PHDSUP – Step 2)
PHDSUP MM/DD/YY PAYEE HOLD SETUP - STEP 2 SSN: XXXXXXXXX HOLD SOURCE: XXX HOLD REASON: ___ HOLD EFFECTIVE DATE: __________ LIABILITY AMOUNT: ______________ PAYEE HOLD NAME: __________________________________________________ ADDRESS: __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ CITY: ____________________________ STATE: __ ZIP: _____ - ____ PHONE: ( ___ ) ___ - ____ PF3-QUIT ENTER HOLD REASON - PRESS ENTER
Note: Some fields are auto-filled and protected from data entry.
SSN, EIN, ITIN or PAYEE HOLD NUMBER: The appropriate Smart Label will be displayed to identify the number entered:
|If the field entered on PHDSUP – Step 1 is…||Then the Smart Label displayed on PHDSUP – Step 2 is…|
HOLD SOURCE: Defaults to the user’s agency number and is a protected field.
Steps (PHDSUP – Step 2):
- HOLD REASON (Required): Enter the three-digit code identifying the reason for the debtor’s hold.
HOLD REASONmust match an existing combination on the RSNINQ screen.
- HOLD EFFECTIVE DATE (Required): Enter the effective date in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- LIABILITY AMOUNT (Required): Enter the amount of the debtor’s liability without a dollar sign or commas as shown in the following examples.
Amount Acceptable Entries $18.56 18.56 (with the decimal) $1,856.00 1856.00 (with the decimal and two zeros)
1856. (with the decimal but without zeros)
1856 (without the decimal or zeros)
- PAYEE HOLD NAME (Required): Enter the legal name of the debtor, up to 50 characters. Periods, commas and % are not allowed in the name field.
Note: The field is used for name searches on the PAYNAM inquiry screen.
- ADDRESS (Optional): Enter one or two lines for the debtor’s mailing address, up to 50 characters on each line. See Confidential Data Prohibition.
Note: If you enter the optional debtor’s address, all address fields are required.
- CITY (Optional): Enter the city for the debtor’s address or the country name for foreign addresses, up to 28 characters.
- STATE (Optional): Enter state abbreviation for domestic addresses or two dashes (- -) for foreign addresses.
- ZIP (Optional): Enter the ZIP+4 for the debtor’s address or all zeros for foreign addresses.
- PHONE (Optional): Enter the debtor’s area code and phone number.
- Press Enter to process the information.
- If error messages display, make the necessary corrections.
- Add Record? (Y/N) will display. Review the information to verify it is correct. Enter Y or N and press Enter:
- Y (Yes) if the information is correct
- N (No) if the information is not correct
Note: An entry of Y will display a successful update of the setup. An entry of N provides the opportunity to verify and re-enter the correct information.
- A dialogue box displays at the bottom of the screen.
Screen Example (PHDSUP Processed)
PHDSUP MM/DD/YY PAYEE HOLD SETUP - STEP 2 SSN: XXXXXXXXX HOLD SOURCE: XXX HOLD REASON: XXX HOLD EFFECTIVE DATE: MM/DD/YYYY LIABILITY AMOUNT: __________5.00 PAYEE HOLD NAME: NAME___________________________________________ ADDRESS: __________________________________________________ ASSIGNED HOLD NUMBER: 7XXXXXXXXX4 ENTER PF-3 PF-6 PF-7 PF-8 PF-9 PF-10 PHDSUP END PYHOLD PMTHIS BKRUPD PHDCHG RSNINQ RECORD ADDED
ASSIGNED HOLD NUMBER: Displays the 11-digit TIN.
ENTER PF3, PF-6, PF-7, PF-8, PF-9, PF-10: Displays shortcuts to navigate to other TINS screens.
RECORD ADDED: Indicates the successful processing of the payee hold setup.