Reporting Debtor Records
Payee Hold Change (PHDCHG)
This PHDCHG screen is used to change information for a debtor who is already set up on hold. The Hold Transaction form (74-154) (login required) PDF can provide the information required for entry on this screen. The PHDCHG screen requires a recall step before the hold information that can be changed is displayed.
Screen Example (PHDCHG Recall)
PHDCHG MM/DD/YY PAYEE HOLD CHANGE PAYEE HOLD NUMBER: ___________ HOLD SOURCE: XXX HOLD REASON: ___ PF3-QUIT ENTER HOLD NUMBER, HOLD REASON - PRESS ENTER
Screen Example (PHDCHG Hold Record on File)
PHDCHG MM/DD/YY PAYEE HOLD CHANGE PAYEE HOLD NUMBER: 7XXXXXXXXX4 HOLD SOURCE: XXX HOLD REASON: XXX HOLD EFFECTIVE DATE: MM/DD/YYYY LIABILITY AMOUNT: __________1.00 PAYEE HOLD NAME: DEBTOR NAME_______________________________________ ADDRESS: __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ CITY: ____________________________ STATE: __ ZIP: _____ - ____ PHONE: ( ___ ) ___ - ____ PF3-QUIT
Note: Some fields are auto-filled and protected from data entry.
HOLD SOURCE: Defaults to the user’s agency number and is a protected field.
- Enter PHDCHG on Line 1 and press Enter:
If Line 1 is Entered… Then… Without the TIN TINS displays the Screen Example (PHDCHG Recall)
Go to Step 2
With a valid 11-digit TIN
Note: Both 2 TINs and 7 TINs will be accepted.
TINS displays the Screen Example (PHDCHG Recall) with the 11-digit TIN in the
PAYEE HOLD NUMBERfield
Go to Step 3
With a 10-digit TIN
TINS displays the message TIN Must Be 11 Digits
Research and enter the correct TIN
Note: Only TINS inquiry screens allow for a 10-digit TIN on Line 1.
With an invalid 11-digit TIN TINS displays the message Check Digit Is Incorrect for TIN/Hold Number
- PAYEE HOLD NUMBER: Enter the 11-digit TIN assigned to the debtor, which must include a valid check digit.
Note: Payee hold changes may be processed either with the 11-digit 2 TIN that is based on SSN or ITIN or with the assigned 11-digit 7 TIN.
- HOLD REASON: Enter the three-digit reason code identifying the reason the debtor is on hold. Before a hold record can be changed, it must be recalled with the combination of Hold Source and Hold Reason on file in TINS.
Note: If the incorrect Hold Reason was entered during the hold setup, the hold record must be released using the Payee Hold Release (PHDREL) screen and then set up again with the correct Hold Reason.
- Press Enter to display the Screen Example (PHDCHG Hold Record on File)
Note: If a hold record is not on file for the TIN entered or the combination of Hold Source and Hold Reason does not match the record, TINS displays the message Hold Does Not Exist for This Number, Source and Reason.
- Make the appropriate changes to the corresponding field(s).
- Press Enter.
- If error messages display, make the necessary corrections.
- All Correct? (Y/N) will display. Review the information to verify it is correct. Enter Y or N and press Enter:
- Y (Yes) if the information is correct
- N (No) if the information is not correct
Note: An entry of Y will display a successful update of the record. An entry of N provides the opportunity to verify and re-enter the correct information.
- A dialogue box displays at the bottom of the screen.
Screen Example (PHDCHG Processed)
PHDCHG. MM/DD/YY PAYEE HOLD CHANGE PAYEE HOLD NUMBER: 7XXXXXXXXX4 HOLD SOURCE: XXX HOLD REASON: XXX HOLD EFFECTIVE DATE: MM/DD/YYYY LIABILITY AMOUNT: __________5.00 PAYEE HOLD NAME: DEBTOR NAME___________________________________________ ADDRESS: __________________________________________________ HOLD NUMBER: 7XXXXXXXXX4 ENTER PF-3 PF-6 PF-7 PF-8 PF-9 PF-10 PHDCHG END PYHOLD PMTHIS BKRUPD PHDSUP RSNINQ RECORD UPDATED
HOLD NUMBER: Displays the 11-digit TIN.
ENTER PF3, PF-6, PF-7, PF-8, PF-9, PF-10: Displays shortcuts to navigate to other TINS screens.
RECORD UPDATED: Indicates the successful processing of the payee hold change.